NSF Game Design &
Employment Summer Workshop
FREE VIRTUAL GAME DESIGN AND EMPLOYMENT SKILLS SUMMER 2023 WORKSHOP
Wednesday, July 5 – Friday, July 21 11am – 4pm EST
Monday, July 31 – Wednesday, Aug 16 11am – 4pm EST
This summer program is for autistic students who wish to participate in a research study to learn game design and employment skills. The workshop is hosted by Tech Kids Unlimited, a non-profit education organization which teaches students who learn differently. The workshops are part of a research study.
Participation is free. Students will earn up to $115 in gift cards for attending the program each day (see FAQs for details).
– Must be available for both workshop time slots. Students will be randomly assigned to one of two identical workshops (see FAQs for details)
– Between the ages of 14-21
– Not currently or previously enrolled in a TKU program
– Must provide formal documentation of Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Available for a 30 minute screening meeting and 3 assessments before, directly after, and 5 months after the workshop (see FAQs for details)
– Access to a computer from 2018 or after (tablet/mobile devices are not suitable)
To speak to the research team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need-based financial aid is available for all Career Track Courses.